Monday, August 18, 2014

Breast Cancer Awareness is coming...

Can you all believe it's almost October?  Gosh it's my time of the year, but you all know that!  Of course beside Halloween it is a most important month as it is Breast Cancer awareness month!  This year I am EARLY!  First time ever! 

I came up with two digis for this special month of awareness...

I am A Survivor



and Ribbon Hat Beauty
This one I drew with all intentions of it being specific to Breast Cancer (hence the bare back indicating she's care free and BARING it all for the cause).  However, my son asked me if I could color her up in a Black scheme for the Black Colored Ribbon which is meant for Heart Disease.  Almost a month ago, my son lost his best of friends at only 20 years old due to heart failure.  This bright and wonderful young man filled our hearts and lives with laughter, he became a part of our family, therefore I was more than happy to oblige to my son's request!  


I also had an idea to show our support for Breast Cancer this year.  I thought it would be soooo cool to decorate this awesome hat to wear proudly during Breast Cancer month?  Of course why just during that month right?  Let's all get our HAT on!  I've created mine using the black Ribbon theme for Nick as October was his month as well, it was the time he hung out with us the most, here every weekend, challenging me to cook offs!  SO I will be wearing this one and I will also be making another for Breast Cancer.  

I've put together an AWESOME Hat kit for you!

With the kit you will get this AWESOME hat, and BOTH digs.  You will get the mini grungeboard wings and the bottle cap.  All other embellishments were added on by me for fun.  You will be able to create your own hat look and your own color schemes and FUN!

Here's a close up of the finished hat.

The kit is also available with a BLACK hat if you so wish!

So let's have some fun this year!  Let's show our support SBS style with a HOP!  A Hop to honor all those beautiful woman fighting Breast Cancer, all the women that have survived by show off our hats!  The Hop will be October 5th.  HECK let's make an Auction out of it!  

I am willing to put up my Hat (which I will be making) up for auction and donating the money paid for my hat to Breast cancer!  I would love it if you all could join me on this fun adventure!  

Here's what we will do...

On October 5th, we will show off our Hats here on the SBS blog!  I want to see pictures of your hat and of you WEARING your hat!  Get funky, get glamorous, get SILLY (let's bring these brave women a smile),bling it out, grunge it out, and of course PINK it out to show our support!  

IF you are interested in auctioning off your hat please email me and I will give you all the details.  We will hop first then pic a date that we can all agree on for an auction online, either on Facebook or on here the SBS blog.  

SO whatcha waiting for!!!  Let's get our thinking/crafting HAT on!  Order your kit today and let's get started!  

Get your Hat Kit with digis or the digis individually: HERE

2 comments:

Catz said...

This is super cute..I love the images! :)

Tracy said...

This is fantastic, such a fab and fun idea xxx